In the BluOS Controller App, if you receive an error message when trying to access tracks from the Library or if the Diagnostic menu does not display the file path under the Connected Shares, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
Connected Share – Device Status
- Ensure the network sharing device is powered ON and file sharing is enabled.
Connected Share – Device IP address
- A power failure could change the IP address of the computer, Mac, or NAS. To resolve this, reboot the Bluesound player to update the Connected Shares’ IP address.
Note: Create a DHCP reservation to apply a fixed IP address for the Connected Share device. Refer to the router’s manual for more information.
(Windows) Connected Share – Network Location Profile
- Ensure to apply the same network location profiles (Home/Work/Public or Private/Public) when configuring a new network.
Note: Network discovery for certain profiles is disabled by default.
Connected Share – Operating system upgrade
- BluOS ensures to provide firmware upgrades in line with the macOS or Windows updates. However, if recent macOS or Windows updates affect the Connected Share connection, refer to our Support site for BluOS compatibility.
Connected Share – Antivirus update
- Antivirus updates implement new rules to block traffic that the macOS or Windows device uses to establish SMB sharing, thereby blocking local TCP and UDP ports. Refer to our Help Center article for troubleshooting steps while running antivirus software.