NODE (N130) / NODE X can transfer digital audio (USB Audio 2.0) to an external DAC via the USB Type-A slot.
When connecting an external DAC to the USB port of NODE (N130) / NODE X, the USB port is automatically enabled.
Note: When the USB port is enabled, other audio outputs (Analog/COAX/Optical) are disabled.
To manually enable the USB port, perform the following steps:
- Connect a compatible external DAC to the USB port of NODE (N130) / NODE X.
- In the BluOS Controller App, select Player Drawer.
- Select the context menu (3 dots) of the required NODE (N130) / NODE X.
- Select Audio Settings.
- Select the external DAC from Select output.
To disable the USB port (without unplugging the external DAC) and enable other audio outputs (Analog/COAX/Optical), set the Select output to Default in the Audio Settings screen of NODE (N130) / NODE X.
USB DAC - ROON
If you are using ROON and MQA with an external DAC, sending digital audio through the USB port of NODE (N130) / NODE X may cause audio dropouts. In ROON, please adjust your NODE settings using the following configurations:
- Go to ROON's Device Setup screen for NODE.
- From the MQA capabilities drop-down, select Renderer only.
- Expand Show advanced and set the Enable MQA core decoder to Yes.
If you still encounter audio dropouts, use USB DAC implementation natively without ROON and reach out to ROON directly for further assistance.
- The headphone (3.5 mm) connected to NODE (N130) / NODE X has precedence over USB Audio out, thereby muting the digital audio output from USB.