The PULSE SOUNDBAR Audio Settings has three or four* separate configurable profiles. By configuring settings within these listening modes, you can create a listening profile according to your preference to enjoy the different listening experiences.
*PULSE SOUNDBAR+ Listening modes – Off, Music, Movie, and Late Night
PULSE SOUNDBAR & 2i Listening modes – TV, Music, and Movie
To configure the Listening Mode in PULSE SOUNDBAR, perform the following:
- In the BluOS Controller App, select the Player Drawer .
- Select the PULSE SOUNDBAR’s context menu (3 dots) and select Audio Settings. The Audio Settings screen is displayed.
- Select the required Listening mode – TV, Music, Movie – to configure the following settings:
Surround Upmixer (PULSE SOUNDBAR+ only)
Enable for Stereo Surround in a Home Theater Group. Surround Upmixer turns channel-based audio (from 2-channel up to 7.1) into a virtualized surround sound environment.
Virtualizer (PULSE SOUNDBAR+ only)
Virtualizer expands the audio soundstage of any source. Should be enabled for a complete virtual experience of Dolby Atmos content. Enable along with Surround Upmixer for the widest soundstage with a stereo source.
Volume Leveler (PULSE SOUNDBAR+ only)
Volume Leveler maintains consistent playback levels regardless of the source selection or content.
Adjust the tonal controls of the PULSE SOUNDBAR.
The BluOS uses the metadata of the selected audio track to configure consistent volume levels between tracks in the play queue. Select any of the following:
- Track gain – To use the track gain value from the song's metadata to have the current track's volume be more consistent with other tracks.
- Album gain – To use the album gain value from the metadata to provide a consistent volume level between all audio tracks on a particular album.
- Smart gain – To allow the BluOS to automatically choose between track gain and album gain values to provide the best replay gain option for your current listening.
Restore the audio settings of the selected Listening Mode to default factory settings.
When enabled, the player sends sound below 80 Hz (default crossover; adjustable) to the connected subwoofer.
When Subwoofer is enabled, the following subwoofer settings are displayeda):
- Crossover – Adjust the subwoofer crossover point. The default crossover is 80 Hz.
- Subwoofer Delay – Add additional audio delay to a subwoofer.
- Subwoofer Volume – Adjust the volume of the connected subwoofer relative to the PULSE SOUNDBAR’s volume by +/-6dB.
- Boost – When you pair a subwoofer, enable Boost to add additional bass.
Volume limits (dB)
Set the upper and lower limit of volume controls in the BluOS Controller App. Modifying the upper or lower volume limits of the PULSE SOUNDBAR allows more fidelity when adjusting the volume.
Enhanced Dialog (PULSE SOUNDBAR Generation 1 & 2i only)
Change this setting to Low or High to increase the volume of the center channel. Movie and television soundtracks broadcast dialogs from the center channel.
Late Night (PULSE SOUNDBAR Generation 1 & 2i only)
Enable to turn on the Dynamic Range Compression. The Late Night feature prevents large spikes in volume when streaming audio. (Ideal for small areas such as apartments or condos).
Output mode (PULSE SOUNDBAR Generation 1 & 2i only)
Select any of the following to configure the channel output on the PULSE SOUNDBAR.
- Left/Right – Outputs only the Left or Right audio channel
- Mono – Outputs single-channel audio out of all the available outputs
- Stereo – Outputs both audio channels (Left and Right)
Stereo Surround (PULSE SOUNDBAR Generation 1 & 2i only)
When enabled, Stereo Surround mixes two-channel sources into the rear surrounds of a home theater group, generating an immersive and natural-sounding surround experience.
Wide Mode (PULSE SOUNDBAR Generation 1 & 2i only)
Adjust the audio output of the PULSE SOUNDBAR speakers to add depth and match the viewing/listening area in three selectable modes – Off, Wide, Wider.
Pair with PULSE SUB (PULSE SOUNDBAR Generation 1 & 2i only)
Connect PULSE SOUNDBAR with PULSE SUB. Also, it indicates the connection status of pairing.
To connect a PULSE SUB with PULSE SOUNDBAR, perform the following steps:
- Select Pair with Pulse Sub.
- Press and hold the PAIRING button on the rear panel of the PULSE SUB for ten seconds, then release the button. The status indicator LED on PULSE SUB blinks Green.
The Pair with Pulse Sub status in the BluOS Controller App changes to Pairing and then Connected. For more information, refer to our Help Center article.
- a)When a PULSE SUB+ is paired with PULSE SOUNDBAR, selecting Subwoofer displays the PULSE SUB+ Audio Settings.
- After configuring these Listening Modes, you can change them directly from the Player Drawer in BluOS Controller App or program an IR remote to select different listening modes.