For users who want to index their iTunes Library with Bluesound while maintaining their music collection in one location, an alternative to using network shares from your computer is to transfer the iTunes library to the Bluesound VAULT.
To do this, modify the iTunes Media Folder Location to the Music folder on the VAULT. The Music folder on the VAULT is where Bluesound discovers and indexes files for playback.
Note: Changing the name of the VAULT later can result in modifying the network name it selects. This change may disrupt iTunes' connections to the VAULT. If required, modify the VAULT's name before mapping with the iTunes Media folder. Learn more.
Create a new Folder in the VAULT's Internal Storage
Create a new folder on the VAULT to store the iTunes Music library within the Music Folder.
Refer to our Help Center article for more information on accessing the VAULT's - Music folder using a computer.
Change the iTunes Media Folder location
To change the iTunes Media folder location to VAULT's internal storage, perform the following steps:
- Open the iTunes app.
- In the menu bar, select iTunes > Preferences.
(Windows users, select Edit > Preferences)
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select the Change... button next to the iTunes Media folder location section.
- Choose the new folder created in Create a new Folder in the VAULT's Internal Storage.
- Select the Keep iTunes Media folder organized checkbox to move all iTunes music to the VAULT.
- Select the Copy files to iTunes Media Folder... checkbox to ensure that all future additions to iTunes are copied to the VAULT for indexing.
- Click OK.
Once this process is finished, any music you download or drag into the iTunes Library will automatically copy itself to the VAULT, where it can be indexed.