Note: To share the Apple Music playlist, refer to our other Help Center article.
Bluesound automatically reads your iTunes Music Library.xml file and imports all iTunes playlists when creating a BluOS Library via a Network/Local share. The imported playlists appear under Library > Playlists in the BluOS Controller App, under the left Navigation Drawer.
Share the .XML File
To manually share the iTunes playlists with Bluesound, ensure the iTunes Music Library.xml file is available in the shared iTunes Folder/sub-folder. If you are running an iTunes app 12.2 or later version and cannot locate the iTunes Music Library.xml file, perform the following steps:
- Open the iTunes app.
- In the menu bar, select iTunes > Preferences.
(Windows users, select Edit > Preferences)
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select the Share iTunes Library XML with other applications' checkbox.
- Select the required Music Folder (to be shared with Bluesound Player) from the iTunes Media folder location option.
- Click OK.
- Close and reopen the iTunes App.
- Start the File Sharing procedure* (macOS or Windows).
Reindex Music Collection
- Perform steps 1 to 7 from the Share the .XML File procedure.
- In the BluOS Controller app, under the left Navigation Drawer, select Settings > Music Library > Reindex Music Collection.
Check the Folder
Ensure you share the correct folder if Bluesound does not automatically import the iTunes playlists after performing the Reindex Music Collection procedure.
To share the correct folder: