THIS ARTICLE EXPLAINS THE FACTORY RESET OF YOUR PLAYER. YOU WILL LOSE ALL CUSTOMIZATION, INCLUDING WI-FI NETWORK CONFIGURATION, FILE SHARES, AND SAVED PLAYLISTS. YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-CREATE THESE ONCE THE FACTORY RESET IS COMPLETE. WE RECOMMEND THIS PROCESS ONLY IF YOUR PLAYER IS NOT FUNCTIONING AND AN INTERNET FIRMWARE UPGRADE HAS FAILED. FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, CONTACT AN AUTHORISED BLUESOUND CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE BEFORE PROCEEDING.
For the Factory reset procedure of other generation Bluesound Players, click here.
Before proceeding with the factory reset, backup playlists.
To factory reset the NODE/POWERNODE/VAULT (Generation 1 only), perform the following steps:
- Disconnect the Player from the electrical power outlet and wait for 30 seconds.
- While holding the MUTE button on the top panel, reconnect the Player to the electrical power outlet. The status indicator LED flashes Blue, Red, Green, and Red. Continue holding* the MUTE button for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, when the LED blinks Red – release the MUTE button.
All customization to NODE/POWERNODE/VAULT (Generation 1 only) is removed and restored to factory settings.
Note: Performing factory reset does not delete the music stored in the internal hard drive of VAULT (Gen 1).
The factory reset is successful when the Player:
- Wireless connection – Returns to Hotspot mode (LED turns solid Green)
- Wired connection – Connects as a new Player (LED turns solid Blue)
*IMPORTANT - Releasing the MUTE button before the LED blinks Red, cancels the factory reset and freezes the Player in Upgrade Mode. You should restart the procedure to factory reset the Player.