The Windows Defender Firewall may prevent the BluOS Controller App from accessing the Bluesound Players on the network. This may result in the app displaying the Looking for Players message until the firewall permissions are modified.
Perform the following steps to resolve this issue:
- On the BluOS Controller App installed Windows device, type windows defender firewall in the search box next to the Start button on the taskbar.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the list of results
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall in the left pane.
- Select Change settings in the upper-right corner.
- Enter the required admin credentials.
- Select bluos controller.exe and all corresponding checkboxes under Domain, Private, and Public.
- Select OK.