Bluesound Player can be connected to the home network via wired or wireless connection.
For PULSE SUB connection, click here.
For PULSE SUB+ connection, click here.
Wired: A wired connection to the network is simple and requires no network configuration. If you are required to use the wired connection or are using a VAULT, connect the player directly to your router or home network using the Ethernet cable (included in the package). The VAULT is not equipped with a wireless card and can only be connected to the network via Ethernet cable.
Wireless: A wireless connection allows you to place your Bluesound Player virtually anywhere in your home, but it requires network setup.
Please follow the below instructions as applicable.
- When the BluOS App prompts the New Players detected popup, tap SETUP NOW.
If you are not prompted, open the Player Drawer by tapping the Rooms button in the top-right corner of the BluOS App.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap ADD A PLAYER to launch the Select Player window.
- Select your player's hotspot*. The Choose a WiFi Network screen is displayed.
- Select the WiFi network from the drop-down menu.
If your WiFi network does not appear or is hidden, select Manual SSID Entry. Enter the SSID and select the network security type.
- Enter the Password and tap OK.
- Enter the Player Name (or room location name) and tap OK. Wait for the Setup Complete screen to be displayed.
- Tap Finish. The player’s status indicator LED turns to solid Blue indicating a successful connection to the WiFi network.
- In the BluOS Controller App, open the Player Drawer by tapping the Rooms button in the top right corner.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap ADD A PLAYER to launch the Connect to Player wizard.
- As illustrated in the wizard, press the Home button on iPhone or iPad, open the iOS Settings App, and tap Wi-Fi.
- Select your player's hotspot* from the available WiFi networks.
- Return to the BluOS Controller App. The Connect to Wi-Fi screen is displayed.
- Select your home WiFi network from the drop-down menu.
If your home WiFi network does not appear or is hidden, select Manual SSID Entry and tap Select. Enter the WiFI Network name and select the Security Method used by your network.
- Enter Password and tap Continue.
- Enter the player’s name (or room location name) and tap Continue. Wait for All done! screen to be displayed.
- Tap Finish. The player’s status indicator LED turns to solid Blue, indicating a successful connection to the WiFi network.
Wireless Manual Setup
If the above-specified method does not work or you are using Windows or macOS, perform the following steps:
- Search the WiFi network for the Player's Hotspot* and connect to it.
- Open a web browser and visit http://10.1.2.3/. The Configure player menu is displayed.
- Select Configure WiFi.
- Select your home WiFi network under the Configure Wireless drop-down menu.
If your home WiFi network does not appear or is hidden, select Manual SSID Entry. Enter the Wireless SSID and select the Protection type used by your network.
- Enter your home network’s wireless Password in the field provided (if it is a protected network).
- Select the Player name (room location name) from the drop-down list, or enter a customized name in the field provided.
- Select Update and wait for the player’s light to turn solid Blue, indicating a successful connection to the WiFi network.
- Reconnect the tablet, smartphone, or computer to your home WiFi network. (Most of the time it reconnects automatically)
- Launch the BluOS Controller App.
Wireless Setup over Ethernet
If you have installed a new router in your home or if the other methods detailed above do not allow you to connect the player to your network, perform the following steps to configure your player to the wireless network:
- Disconnect the player from the power outlet.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port of the Player and the other end directly to the router.
- Reconnect the player to the power outlet.
- Wait until the status indicator LED on the player turns solid Blue.
- Launch the BluOS Controller App on your smartphone, tablet, or computer that is connected to the WiFi network of the router used in Step 2.
- Open the Player Drawer by tapping the Rooms button in the top-right corner.
- Select the player.
- In the left Navigation Drawer, select to Settings > Player > WiFi.
- From the list of available networks, select your home WiFi and enter your WiFi password.
- Wait for 5 minutes and then disconnect the Player from the power outlet.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable and then reconnect the Player to the power outlet.
- *Player's Hotspot: The Player's unique network ID and default name. The network ID initially is listed as the product name (i.e. NODE 2) immediately followed by the last four digits in the MAC (Machine Access Control) address (example: NODE 2-001A). The full 12-digit MAC address is printed on a sticker on the bottom or back panel of your player.
- The VAULT models are Ethernet-only devices, they cannot establish a wireless connection.