The Bluesound player requires a static IP address for custom integration system configuration.
You require the following information before assigning the static IP address:
- The current IP address of the Bluesound player
- The router address (Default Gateway) - Refer to the router’s user manual to identify the router address.
- The required static IP address, subnet mask, and two DNS server addresses.
(Note: Do not use static IP addresses that fall in the DHCP server range. If required, set a DHCP reservation in the router to match each player. Refer to the router’s manual for more information.)
To configure the static IP address for a Bluesound player, perform the following steps:
- Open a web browser that supports XML. (Chrome, Safari, or Firefox)
- Enter the following URL in the address bar:
http://current IP address/staticip
- Toggle to disable (Off) the Automatic (DHCP).
- Enter the required static IP Address, Subnet Mask, Router address, and two DNS server addresses.
- Select Update. The browser refreshes.
- Select Reboot to update the configuration. The player restarts with the configured static IP address.
To remove the static IP and restore DHCP addressing, perform steps 1-2, enable (On) Automatic (DHCP), and reboot the player.
IMPORTANT! If you change the router and cannot find the Player (with the previously assigned Static IP address) - you MUST factory reset the Player. All customizations, including wi-fi network configuration, file shares, and saved playlists, will be lost. You will have to re-create these once the factory reset is complete.