Like several other users I had severe problems setting up my "Library" to index songs in my music folders on my Windows 10 PC.
I followed all the lengthy instructions about sharing permissions and settings to no avail.
However, I have now solved the problem and wanted to share the information with other users.
If you are used to sharing your music library with other media players, you probably already have the sharing permissions correctly set up. All you need to do is use the "sharing" tab under "properties" of the top-level folder that contains your music files to create a shared folder that can be seen on the network. The Bluesound instructions tell you how to do this quite well.
The problems occur when the BlueOS app tries to index files in the library and comes across a file that causes a problem.
This could be a corrupted file, a badly ripped file (from a scratched CD or a badly-indexed unofficial copy of a CD for example). It doesn't flag the error, it simply refuses to include any files from the folder.
The Mp3Tag application is quite useful for finding those damaged files but won't find them all.
What I did was move all my music folders out of the shared directory and then move than back in in batches, each time using the BlueOS app to reindex the files. When you get a problem of the files not being included in the library, you know it has encountered a corrupt music file and can then backtrack and have a look at the album or folders that may have caused the problem.
I fixed a few bad tags using the Mp3Tag app and then had to remove some corrupted files from by shared directory. Now the rest of the music collection is visible in the BlueOS app and plays perfectly.
I hope this information will help other users connect their music library to Bluesound.
Please sign in to leave a comment.