I AM FRUSTRATED BEING THE ALPHA-TEST SOFTWARE QUALITY INTERN.
I tell all my friends about Bluesound products (I have four) and I'm endlessly embarrassed by the bug-ridden software when I finally get my friends to try BluOS instead of Sonos. The recent Windows controller is borderline unusable. I've reported multiple bugs over the years but this release is a special kind of horrible. Below is a list of bugs I found in just a single hour of usage. Anyone on the BluOS dev team could have found just as many breaking problems as I did if anyone looked.
1) Clicking a song name in a library search result will play a completely different and unrelated song in the library. [how software this bad allowed to be distributed?]
2) Setting a local album as a favorite isn't saved.
3) Preset setting for Use Current Volume is not saved.
4) Subwoofer out setting has no effect.
5) Home theater fixed group volume setting is broken. During fixed group setup, attempting to modify the right rear channel volume set the volume to +10db and it cannot be changed.
6) Home Theater fixed group setup test sound doesn't work for the front mains. It plays a low rumble sample sound.
I understand the business philosophy of "least viable product" (which is so boldly anti-consumer it's insulting), but this product is not viable!
Referring to Windows App 3.12.1
Please sign in to leave a comment.