For several years I have been using an computer and an external DAC dedicated to my hifi system, all my CD's are ripped in Wav.files and as I am a real nerd I have put in some extra info so a track is "tagged" as:
01. Come Together - The Beatles - Apple 1969
I have been using J River for many years but now I'm looking for something easier to handle my listening As I don't have a computer screen in my listening room I have used Chrome Remote and other third parts solutions to Control my "hifi" computer. Many times there is a lot of problems with passwords and so on and also delays when changing tracks etc. Looking for a better solution I found Bluesound and have the following question. I have my network in the basement of my house and use a router for wireless connection to my computers, there is no way I can use a network Cable as the distance is to long between my incoming network and my upstairs listening room. I wonder if I can use Bluenode as following:
1. Using my ordinary hifi system
2. Having my Music on an external HDD connected to my office computer (almost runnig 24/7) in one room
3. Distribute the music in Wav. format to a Bluenode in my listening room via WiFi
4. Can I still use J River Media as they provides a lot of features as playlists and so on or do I have to change to another software?
5.Is there a way to connect an external 3 TB HDD to Bluenode and have all the music wired to the Bluenode and not distribute it via network? What I mean in that case I just control the library via WiFi.
Hopefully I have explained this so good so you can understand what I'm looking for English is not my nattive languise and computers is not my best friends so I struggled a lot to explain myself in looking for a better solutions.
Looking forward to any advice and inputs
Conny - Sweden
Please sign in to leave a comment.