Just wanted to congratulate the design team at Bluesound on the stellar job they have done on the Node 2i
I'm not talking about the new features and services that have been included
I'm just talking about sound quality!
I read with interest the changes when the 2i was first released and believed they did not really warrant me upgrading to the new box.
Then earlier this week I got to reading a thread on one of the forums, which made me reconsider my position.
I purchased the NODE 2i on March 3 and right from the start I was impressed
- installation/setup was basically automatic
- I use Ethernet so there was no Wifi setup
- Latest software downloaded in about 15 minutes
- All of my playlists were still there, but my presets got toasted (not a real problem)
- so I pressed play
I started listening to my favourite audition tracks - there was definitely something interesting happening
- first, the image was now larger (beyond the walls of my listening room)
- more space around instruments and performers - better separation
- clarity had improved - previously undiscovered sounds were very apparent
- there seems to be an extension to the top end - nicer sibilance
- The bass was a little deeper with more details in the texture of the low end
- The mids were a little more enjoyable
- Dynamics were definitely crisper
- micro details had improved - in particular the venue acoustics (i.e. echoes and reverberation)
As burn-in time progressed things got even better - like the high register of violins is now smoother with more harmonics being heard.
FYI - I am a cable freak - I have been building my own cables for the last 10 years and the latest changes resulted in cables that convey very high resolution sound.
My Node 2 proved to be extremely receptive to great cables and the 2i is no exception
- with the right cables this little streaming box rises to new levels of performance
Makes we wonder what the guys at Bluesound could achieve if they were given a bigger box?
Congrats on an exceptional product!
System: Bryston B135 amp, Gershman Acoustics Sonogram speakers, Node 2i, Simaudio Moon LP 5.3 phono stage, custom turntable.
Please sign in to leave a comment.