I just bought a new "kitchen radio", i.e. a Bluesound Fklex 2i because it should fit nicely into my existing Roon infrastructure, but I'm experiencing LOTS of connection issues - exactly the same type of issues as in this thread:
- Random Playback Stops. Playback randomly stops mid track.
- No Audio from Bluesound. Roon shows the track is playing, no audio is produced. This can continue indefinitely with Roon progressing through a queue and indicating everything is playing normally with no audio from the Bluesound.
- Audio Delayed Start. A request to start a track results in Roon showing the track has started, running perhaps 15 seconds or more until the audio suddenly starts ~15+ seconds into the track.
- Audio Will Not Start. A request to start a track results in Roon showing the track has started and playing fine, but audio never starts from the Bluesound.
- Extremely slow to start or switch tracks (>15 seconds).
- Momentary Loss of Zone. The control unit flashes a message indicating the audio zone is gone and a minute or so later it reappears – typically requiring play to be restarted.
- Zombie State of Bluesound. The Bluesound enters a ‘zombie’ state that requires a power restart to regain control from Roon.
This is NOT network related - I do have an extremely robust network built on Ubiquiti hardware, I have excellent WiFi coverage and live on the countryside with no "disturbing" neighbours or conflicting networks, and it is only the Flex 2i that is experiencing any issues. My other Roon endpoints are performing 24/7 without any issues. This seems to be a very common problem when using Bluesound with Roon given the number of comments here and on the Roon forum (I know, I should have read it before I bought the 2i...), so my question is, what are you guys doing to adress the problem?
Please sign in to leave a comment.