I was having a problem getting BluOS to load the cover art for a local library folder. I tried the usual suggested fixes, including re-indexing the database, reloading cover art, making sure the naming convention was standard, clearing BluOS cache, etc etc. Nothing worked. I discovered that the problem is a bug in BluOS re-indexing algorithm.
On a hunch, I stumbled on the fix. Scenario: when I ripped the CD to flac files with EAC, the GD3 database did not retrieve any cover art. So BluOS initially indexed the folder without art. I found a copy of the cover art online, and manually put it in my Windows folder with the FLAC files. But BluOS would not recognize it.
Here's how I fixed it: I created in NEW folder with a NEW name in the hierarchy. I moved all the FLAC files and cover.jpg to that new folder. I renamed the original folder. THEN I did a library re-index and a art reload. It worked!
That tells me there is some sort of internal flag that is not being reset by BluOS, and once it says "no cover art" it will not recognize it. But when I created a new one, it goes through whatever the "new object" algorithm might be, and the problem goes away. There is something in the algorithm that looks at folders it has indexed before in a different way, and that algorithm clearly has a bug.
BluOS support. Please pass this on to your engineers so hopefully we can get it fixed. Thank you.
Please sign in to leave a comment.