I onw a Node 2i and Vault 2i.
Many bug when playing music from Roon. Worse when connected via Wifi
You surely know what thay are (...), here is a recap from someone on Roon forum:
"The Bluesound 2i variously exhibits the following symptoms:
- Random Playback Stops. Playback randomly stops mid track.
- No Audio from Bluesound. Roon shows the track is playing, no audio is produced. This can continue indefinitely with Roon progressing through a queue and indicating everything is playing normally with no audio from the Bluesound.
- Audio Delayed Start. A request to start a track results in Roon showing the track has started, running perhaps 15 seconds or more until the audio suddenly starts ~15+ seconds into the track.
- Audio Will Not Start. A request to start a track results in Roon showing the track has started and playing fine, but audio never starts from the Bluesound.
- Extremely slow to start or switch tracks (>15 seconds).
- Momentary Loss of Zone. The control unit flashes a message indicating the audio zone is gone and a minute or so later it reappears – typically requiring play to be restarted.
- Zombie State of Bluesound. The Bluesound enters a ‘zombie’ state that requires a power restart to regain control from Roon.
The above issues occur with sufficient frequency as to make the unit effectively unusable."
I partly solved the problems by configuring one of my old Asus router as an access point to which I connect with a Ethernet cable.
I have a Sonos Port right next to the Node 2i and it works absolutely fine with Wifi (very good signal BTW).
I don't expect to debug these problems with you, no time and there are too numerous. But I would like to be reassured that you are working on these problems to make Roon operation more robust via Wifi. The device I bought is supposed to be Roon ready but clearly it is not quite there yet.
Please sign in to leave a comment.