Thought to share. After contemplating purchasing a new USB drive and backing up data to a USB drive or other local physical media, I came to the conclusion it may be possible to backup directly to a cloud location. Here are the steps.
1) Sign up for Amazon Prime cloud storage
2) Purchase and install Netdrive, map a drive to your Amazon shared storage and give it a drive letter.
3) Using the Bluesound App, identify your Vault 2i's IP address. Hopefully, you have created a mac-IP reservation for your player to allow it to request the same IP each time it makes a request. In a nutshell, a static/dynamic IP reservation. This is important because you don't want your players IP address ot change.
4) Using Robocopy, or VB script creates copy syntax in the way of a batch file or .vbs - This is the mechanism for copying your files from the Blue sound Vault 2i to Amazon. It also allows you to skip files that have already been copied to the cloud each time the script is engaged. It also allows you to set your log path to troubleshoot copy issues and results. Errors usually equate to a misspelled path.
5) Test your script from the computer you mapped your drives.
6) Create a scheduled task in Windows calling the script you wrote.
Please sign in to leave a comment.