When using Roon to drive my Powernode 2i, I experience the symptoms listed below. I am running all the latest versions of SW/FW. Symptoms:
- A delay of 10-15 seconds when loading songs, resulting in the first bit of the song being cut off
- The “playing” icon starts as soon as I click the track, I won't actually hear anything until much later
- It doesn't happen all the time; clicking on a song a second time, even a second or two later, would often get it to load instantly
- There is rarely a problem where an album is playing through tracks (they flow seamlessly), only when I manually pick the song to play
- Scrolling the song using the time bar takes 5-10 seconds (at least) to adjust the track position
- Roon controller randomly loses connection to the core and display “Please select a core” before reconnecting itself
- The issue persists whether on iPhone or iPad as a remote
- It gets worse if/when I group zones
- Sometimes, these symptoms cause the Bluesound to "freeze" and it becomes uncontrollable from either Roon of the BlueOS app. The only way to recover in this case is to power cycle the unit.
I have reviewed this extensively with Roon and they can't figure it out. It appears they don't have a 2i in house for testing. The problem is limited to Bluesound nodes, non-Bluesound nodes work fine. It may well be in either the Bluesound network stack or the RAAT implementation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.