Android device can't find bluesound device.

Answered

Comments

7 comments

  • Official comment

    Hi Paul

    Players showing in the one App and not the other usually have to do with traffic being blocked in the router. Please check your router settings to ensure Multicast is enabled. Also if you have a mesh network or multiple access points, check those as well. Help, Send Support Request in the App and and we can help...

    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Frans R

    In the Windows App, click "Help" and then "About" to see the version of the app and the bluesound firmware.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Paul Beaudoin

    I am running firmware version 3.4.3. It looks like that is the latest version. The Windows app version is 3.4.6. I assume that's the latest since I just downloaded it.

    I upgraded my Netgear R6300v2 firmware. That had no effect.

    So far I can't find a setting for multicast in the router's settings. Google says "the only setting for multicast is to un-check the disable IGMP proxying checkbox in the WAN setup area." That doesn't make sense to me as this isn't a WAN issue.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • The enabling/disabling IGMP makes sense - placing that option in the WAN section does not - Let's blame Netgear's UI design...

    Keep us posted...

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Paul Beaudoin

    A breakthrough, of sorts...

    I decided to try my other tablet. It's a smaller one, a Galaxy Tab A. I installed the controller app on that one and it found the player. It seems to work just fine. Played some songs. No worries.

    I'd like the Tab E to work, but until I figure it out the small one will do.

    I did un-check the the "disable IGMP proxying" checkbox, but that didn't help the Tab E.

    If/when I get the Tab E to work I'll let you know what fixed it!

    Thanks for the help!

    -Paul

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Paul Beaudoin

    Update: I got my Tab E to see the Bluesound unit. I used "The Nuclear Option": Factory reset. Once it was back up and running, the controller was the first app I installed. It works. Given that the Tab A was working, the problem had to lie somewhere in the Tab E's settings, or some app I installed a year ago was preventing the controller app from working.

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • I hate having to give that advice and avoid doing it unless it absolutely has to be done. Glad it worked out for you.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.