I have one track on one album that is mis-sorted. Track 1 of the original rip had a defect so I re-ripped that track and replaced the file with the new one. I re-indexed and found that the track now came up as the last track of the album. I used JRiver to edit the metadata to make sure it was correct. (The tracks do sort correctly in JRiver.) I found that the track number was correct. I fount that the formatting of the file name matched the other tracks in the album. The artist name and album name are exactly the same. I did a full rebuild index and the sort is still incorrect. I made a couple of metadata changes, again doing a full rebuild, to see if that affected anything but it did not. I am puzzled. I do understand metadata pretty well and have manipulated sort orders successfully in the past. Obviously I am missing whatever the primary key to the sort order is.
Oh, and please don't send me here https://support1.bluesound.com/hc/en-us/articles/200271906
Please sign in to leave a comment.