Disclosure: I have a Node 2 and Power Node 1 and bunch of Sonos stuff.
In playing with the app (which is quite good) there are a couple of things I'd like to request:
- Ability to have multiple 'Libraries' that can be kept separate in the list of sources. This would be useful to keep HiRes music from MP3's
- Ability to choose what music sources (Spotify, Tidal, Library, etc...) are displayed. This would be useful to see only the sources you've subscribed to.
- Ability to 'share' the Node2 Analog/Digital input with other Nodes (May be in the Node 2 but doesn't seem that you can with a Node 1).
- Choose whether or not to refresh the library when viewing it. Seems when I'm viewing the library and in a section in the lower part of the alphabet it refreshed and goes to the top. Just anoying.
- Ability to integrate Sonos suff (why don't you just buy Sonos and do them a favor) - make a Sonos 'bridge'
- Ability to have iTunes library in the library list (like Sonos)
More than happy to replace all my Sonos stuff with Bluesound but some of this needs to be addressed - even if you tell me you're going to work on it. You've built a marvelous piece of equipment! Bravo! I'm a huge fan.
Also, is there an API? I've managed to build an Alexa Skill for Sonos and would love to do the same for BluOS as well. Only requires a Node JS stub server somewhere on my network (already running for Sonos) and would seem easy enough to integrate into BluOS.
What is the Node running? Linux kernal?
Please sign in to leave a comment.