Some TVs send CEC commands through the HDMI ARC/eARC even when powered off (not unplugged). When Auto Sense is enabled, the Bluesound Players detect these signals and switch to the HDMI ARC/eARC source.
Refer to the TV's manual to disable settings (Idle TV Standby, Remote Start, etc.) that send CEC commands when the TV is on Standby. Also, upgrade the firmware of the TV to the latest version.
Alternatively, unplug the power cord of the TV. (Powering off only puts specific TVs on Standby and is not recommended – completely turn off the power by unplugging the power cord)
For example, these are the steps to modify settings in a Sony TV:
- Press the Settings button on the TV remote to launch the Quick Settings
- Select Settings
- Power > Idle TV standby > Off.
- Network & Internet > Remote start (disable)
Auto Sense Enable/Disable - Procedure
To enable/ disable Auto Sense, perform the following steps:
- In the BluOS Controller App, select Settings under the left Navigation Drawer.
- Select Player > Customizesources > HDMI ARC.
- Enable/disable Auto Sense.
When Auto Sense is disabled, you must manually select the input source. You can enable Auto Sense for only one source at any given time.
* The automatic switchover does not happen when a different externally connected digital input (from OPTICAL IN 1 /2 or USB) is currently playing.