After setting up your network shares on your PC (KB Article BLS-KB14-601), Mac (KB Article BLS-KB14-602) or NAS, you selected Configure Network Shares, Find Network Shares and no shares were discovered.
At this point you can select Enter Share Name Manually if you know the Computer Name or IP Address along with the name of the Share you created.
The Computer Name can be located in Windows by selecting Control Panel, System and Security, System and in OS X by Selecting System Preferences, Network, Advanced..., WINS where it is listed as NetBIOS Name. Consult your NAS documentation for the Computer or Host Name.
If using the IP Address, consult your router documentation to set up a DHCP reservation so your your source will always boot with the same IP Address in the event of a power outage.
Once you have all this information, simply follow these steps.
- In the Bluesound App, open the Navigation Drawer and select Configure Player, Configure Network Share. Select Find Network Share
- If the share does not appear as an available share, select Enter Shame Name Manually
- In the Enter Share Name Field enter \\COMPUTERNAME\SHARE\Path
- COMPUTERNAME - Above Computer Name or IP Address
- SHARE - The Share Name of the Folder that is being shared
- Path - [optional] a sub-directory path if the music is not in the root share
- In the User Name and Password field, enter user credentials if required
- Select Add Share
You should receive the message Share Connected and your Bluesound Player should start indexing.