Bell Canada ISP-provided routers, Bell Home Hub 2000 and Bell Home Hub 3000 have the ability to Band Span. Band Span can provide a single unified SSID or Network Name for your home network's 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands.
Band Span setting should be disabled to ensure all Bluesound Players reliably appear in the BluOS Controller App.
Create a unique network name (SSID) for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency band
- Open a web browser on a computer connected to the router.
- Enter http://ca/homehub/ or http://192.168.2.1/ in the address bar to access the router's status page.
- Select Manage My Wi-Fi.
- Uncheck Keep a common network name (SSID) and Password for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
- Edit the name of the 5 GHz band to be different from the 2.4 GHz band.
Note: We recommend adding a suffix such as '_5Ghz' or even '-5' to the existing name to identify the frequency band.
- The Password can be the same for both frequency bands.
- Select OK and apply the settings.
The router would restart to apply the changes. The BluOS Players connect to the 2.4 GHz frequency band and appear in the BluOS Controller app within 5 minutes of the router restart.
Note: If any players are missing in the BluOS Controller app, unplug the power cord of the missing player for 10 seconds and replug the power cord.