Dolby Compatible Players
The following Bluesound models support Dolby Digital audio:
|PULSE SOUNDBAR +||POWERNODE (N330)|
|PULSE SOUNDBAR 2i||POWERNODE EDGE|
|PULSE SOUNDBAR (Gen1)||POWERNODE 2i (with HDMI)|
Additionally, the PULSE SOUNDBAR+ supports Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby MAT, and Dolby Atmosa).
The following Dolby formats received are based on your television compatibility and connection type:
|TV Ports||Dolby Digital
5.1 Surround Sound
|Dolby Digital Plus
|Dolby True HD / Dolby MAT
The Now Playing screen in the BluOS Controller App indicates if the above Bluesound players are playing Dolby content.
Home Theater Setup
For the rear players to reproduce the rear channel Dolby decoded signal, they should be a part of a Home Theater – Fixed Group.
For more information on Home Theater-compatible players, refer to our Help Center article.
Note: If the rear players are only grouped for multiroom listening, they do not output the Dolby decoded signal. In this scenario, the Dolby compatible Players decode the Dolby content and convert the audio output to PCM for other players in the multiroom group.
SOUNDBAR (All Generations)
When setting up PULSE SOUNDBAR, ensure to connect all devices to your television – and the television to the SOUNDBAR’s HDMI (ARC/eARC) or OPTICAL IN port.
You will receive an error message when you connect non-Dolby decoding Bluesound Players to the television with Dolby output.
To resolve this, disable the Dolby output and select PCM output in the TV settings. For more information, refer to your television’s user manual.
Tips and Tricks
- The source (TV, BluRay player, Streaming service, etc.) should support and send Dolby Atmos content (via Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Digital Plus) through the HDMI (eARC) to PULSE SOUNDBAR+.
- Verify if the TV plugin devices and ports also support Dolby Atmos content.
- Use premium-certified HDMI cables only.
- a)Only PULSE SOUNDBAR+ supports Dolby Atmos. To enable Dolby Atmos – upgrade BluOS Controller App, PULSE SOUNDBAR+, and rear compatible channels (for Home Theater Group) to the latest software version.
- HDMI is not available in the PULSE SOUNDBAR  - Generation 1 model.
- NODE (all generations) do not support Dolby formats.